5 reasons to transfer to us:
- Therapy – Individual assessment and weekly therapeutic intervention by a highly skilled and qualified therapist for each child – plus monthly sessions for the Foster Carer
- Training – excellent, all year round, training programme specific to the agency’s specialism for children with emotional, behavioural and attachment difficulties
- Practical Support –we pride ourselves on our superb practical and emotional support structure, including an on call system out of office hours and a team of Fostering Support Workers always there for you
- Support structure - we have a high worker to Foster Carer ratio – each Supervising Social Worker supports no more than nine carers at any one time
- Team work – we are all part of a team centered around the child and our Foster Carers are a vital part of that team
Are you a foster carer living in Essex, Suffolk or London and want to transfer fostering agency to us? We can show you how.
If you are already fostering, you have every right to consider alternatives if you wish to change fostering agency. You should not feel pressured by your current agency to remain with them.
We understand that this is a big decision and should you decide to transfer to one of our fostering agencies, we will guide you through the process to ensure it is as smooth as possible for everyone involved.
If there is a child in placement with you, they are the first consideration. The move would be well managed and follow all current guidelines.
If there are no foster children currently in placement, the process is more straightforward.
We also offer a financial incentive once you have been approved to foster with us.
Why transfer to another fostering agency?
We are often contacted by foster carers who are thinking of changing foster agency for a variety of reasons: they may have concerns with their current agency or perhaps feel that i-want-to-foster.com can provide a more appropriate support service that they expect and that the child needs.
Even if you are only in the early stages of considering a move, please contact us and we will be happy to answer your questions and discuss any concerns, either on the phone or in person.
The fostering agency transfer protocol
We follow the “transfer protocol” developed by The Fostering Network and will ensure the transition is smooth for you, and the child you foster. (More: Transfer of Foster Carers Protocol)
A foster carer who has transferred to us:
'S' transferred to our agency just under a year ago. Read why she made that change and how she found the process:
“8 months ago I changed agencies. I did this for the child I was caring for so that they would get all the professional help they required. This isn’t always available through some agencies, but i-want-to-foster.com has their own therapists. No more waiting for NHS help to become available!
The transition from my previous foster agency to i-want-to-foster.com was very straight forward and very quick. I was warmly welcomed into a group of carers and professionals.
I have no regrets about transferring and only have praise for what I have seen in my time here.”